Apr 28th, 2011
Location X: Could this be the future CFO 5.0??
Yes, the rumours are true – we are leaving our beloved Doyle Street location. We would love to stay indefinitely, but the winds of change are blowing through E’ville and our current location is set for demolition this summer to make way for some lovely condominiums.
We have known this was coming and have been hard at work trying to find the perfect next (5th) home for CFO. Here are some of the items on our agenda:
– Location: We have been looking in Emeryville exclusively in an effort to stay as close to our current location as possible. We know that many of you schedule your transportation, etc around 5741 Doyle St and we want to keep disruptions to your routine to a minimum. Plus E’ville is just plain cool.
– Facility: Again, we have been looking for a space that is close to what we have now, because we believe it works rather nicely. In our search, we have opted for low-crime streets, parking, bathroom facilities and loads of natural light. However, we have opted to avoid sink holes in the floor and loading docks that flood when it rains.
– Permanence: This time around it is our intention to sign a long-term lease and stay put for years to come. It is common knowledge that moving is very stressful, even if it is a positive thing and you are ‘movin’ on up’ like the Jeffersons. According to the moving website Movers-Edge.com:
Getting ready for a move can be very stressful. In fact, the Employee Relations Council reportedly ranked moving as the third most stressful life event, following closely behind death and divorce. On the positive side, there are several moving tips you can take to make the event less upsetting for you and your loved ones.
As soon as we officially sign a lease, you will all be the first to know all of the ugly details, including shameless begging for moving day help (3rd weekend in May good for you?). And to offer a few tips of our own:
– Sometimes the grass actually IS greener.
– CFO could be anywhere, as long as you are all there.
– This is a fantastic excuse for a party! Read More