Aug 17th, 2012
Last night’s dinner: The Meatza!
This challenge is designed to create the improvements you want in your performance, body composition and health. Your goals can range from losing body fat, to getting a pull-up or better 400m time to lowering your blood sugar levels.
We will be judging you on your appearance this time around, because it is important to most people to look better in very little clothing. We think this is a totally fine and want you to be happy with your beach bod.
- Before Photos must be submitted by August 27th. You may take your own photos and submit them to us via email, or come on in and we will take them for you.
- After Photos must be submitted by Oct 7th.
- Buy-In is $40. Male winner and Female winner will split the pot.
- CFO staff is ineligible and will act as judges (no one but the 2 judges will see your photos, unless you give us permission to post them).
- Get a partner! Communicate (whine) regularly. Share recipes, tips, etc.
- Record your eating and training. This way you can look back and see what works and what does not.
- Check out the blogs out there! You will gain encouragement, recipes, success stories and sometimes a decent laugh.
- Keep up with your training. Consistency is key, but don’t forget to take those rest days and get enough sleep.
- Come to the kick-off meeting Sunday, August 26th at 11am (after classes). We will do a simple Q&A, collect your $$, take photos and distribute some literature.
There is no ‘cheating’ on this challenge (except perhaps using Photoshop). We will strongly recommend eating and training programs with which we think you will be the most successful. Next time you’re in the gym, pick up a copy of the official CFO Clean Eating Guidelines. I’ll put in a plug for Paleo as a way to regulate your hormones and lose fat while retaining muscle. This is not the only way to eat, but it works for me. And if you’re curious about the Meatza (pictured above), the recipe can be found on my most favorite Paleo blog.
Post YOUR recommendations to comments.