Nov 21st, 2011
By Connie Moreno
Leka and JoeP at last year’s holiday party
With Thanksgiving just around the corner and half the gym committed to eating a Paleo-friendly feast this year, I thought it would be helpful to point you to some sites where you can find an array of grain-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free recipes. I even found a recipe for grain-free bread stuffing! Here’s a list of some of my favorite Paleo cooking websites and blogs:
- Sarah Fragoso, mother of three and author of the Everyday Paleo Cookbook’s site: www.everydaypaleo.com
- Robb Wolf, one of the original advocates of the Paleo Diet and author of The Paleo Solution’s Thanksgiving Day Edition. Here he lays out an entire dinner menu, including dessert.
- Fellow South Bay CrossFiter’s website www.nomnompaleo.com. This website features instructional videos for those of you who prefer to follow along at home.
- www.fastpaleo.com is a website where everyday folk like you and me and freely post recipes. The website was created by James Gregory and Kristin Jekielek; both have been enjoying a Paleo lifestyle for years.
For Baked Goods & Sweets:
- www.health-bent.com. This site belongs to CrossFit super couple, Brandon and Megan Keatley from South Carolina. Megan is a former pastry chef and it shows! I’ll be making her Paleo bread stuffing this Thanksgiving.
- www.elanaspantry.com. Elana started her blog in 1993 after she and her son were diagnosed with Celiac disease and were forced to go on a gluten-free diet. She has a background in ayurvedic cooking and has authored The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook.
- www.thehealthycookingcoach.com. I first met Chef Rachel in 2008 at an event to promote her book, The Ice Dream Cookbook: Dairy-Free Ice Cream Alternatives with Gluten-Free Cookies, Compotes and Sauces. In addition to all of the delicious dessert recipes, her website is also a great source of valuable nutrition information.
What’s on the menu this Thanksgiving?