Feb 2nd, 2015
Author: Mike Minium
It’s that time of year, everyone: Open time!
This is one of our favorite times of the year. It’s that one time of the year when you have an opportunity to put your fitness (and inner resolve) to the test with the best that CrossFit HQ (the ones who run the CrossFit Games) has to throw at us.
But more than being tested by five great once-a-week workouts, the Open is a great way for us to come together as a community and push each other, cheer for one another, and have a blast together!
Just as in years past, we’ll run the Open workout each Saturday, beginning at 10am, and will place everyone in heats so that you’ll know exactly when you’re going (more on scheduling and logistics in follow-up posts).
This year, the good folks from CrossFit HQ have added a scaled division for the Open, so for those of you who are new to the Open, or have some reservations about being able to do the workouts, have no fear, there will be a workout for you.
Beyond that, with three locations, we have some special things planned. Not gonna let the cat out of the bag quite yet, but let’s just say we’re going to give it the Triple Crown treatment (in reference to that intra-gym competition we did last fall, which everyone loved!).
For now, here’s what you need to do:
1. Don’t even hesitate; go and sign up for your location’s team.
* If you go to our Emeryville location, sign up for Team CFO.
* If you go to our Uptown location, sign up for the CrossFit Oakland Uptown team.
* If you go to our EGA location, sign up for the Endgame Athletics team.
2. Stay tuned to this blog and our FB page for updates on the Open.
3. Get to work practicing and working on those weaknesses.
4. Get your friends from the gym to join in on the fun!
The first Open workout goes down Saturday, February 28th. That’s just a few weeks away!