Sep 10th, 2016
The 3rd Annual Triple Crown is one week away!! Whether or not you are participating, please read on.
Some things to keep in mind:
- NO group classes will be held on Saturday 9/17 at any of the 3 gyms, so that the coaching staff can participate. This means the gyms will be CLOSED while not hosting one of the workouts.
- If you are not participating in the Triple Crown, you are still welcome to do the workout (or version of it) during the designated times at each gym. Just keep in mind that priority will be given to registered participants.
- Start times listed are when the first heat begins. Please arrive 15 minutes prior for workout briefing and earlier for warm-up. Each gym will be open 30 minutes prior to listed start time.
- There will be beverages and food for purchase after the final workout at CFO.
- Spectators are welcome, as long as they respect the space of the participants and stay off the gym floor during workouts.
- If you still want to participate, you can! Email us your team and we will add you to the heat list. However, it is too late to order a commemorative t-shirt, but you might be able to buy one off someone else for the right price.
- Workouts are listed below. Start your strategizing!
– AD Bike 60 cal
– Row 2k
– Max KB snatches with remainder of time
* Each person does 20 cal on bike (45 teens)
* Each person rows 500m minimum (1500m teens)
* RX KB snatch has to pass behind knee @ 53/35#
10 total swings (5 each arm) before switching.
* Scaled weight 30/20# hang power snatch DB
* Teens 15# DB
1 Mile Run
1 Rep Max Power Clean
*One bar per team. Weight can be pre-loaded
*Scored by team total (females get a 1.3x multiplier)
*Any lift completed before the 7:00 will count as DOUBLE
Starting at 0:00 and going until 7:00:
Max prowler trips w/ 45# on the handles for men, 35# for mixed teams, and 25# for women for 40m (20m down, 20m back). Must stay in fixed order. Rotate each 40m trip. Cannot help teammate complete the 40m trip.
Rest period from 7:00 until 9:59
From 10:00 to 20:00:
12 Wall Balls @ 20# to 10-ft target (M) and 14# to 9-ft target (F)
6 burpees over partners in plank position on forearms
One person does a whole round of 12 wall balls and 6 burpees, then the next person, then the next person. Must stay in fixed order (same order as in the prowler relay).
The burpees work as follows. You’ll start your burpee facing your teammates, who are both in a plank position. Do your burpee, jump over your first teammate, jump over your second teammate. That’s one burpee. Continue in that fashion until you’ve done 6 burpees, then the next person goes, starting with the 12 wall balls. There must be two jumps for each burpee (one over each teammate). You can’t jump over both teammates. The teammates must be spaced out accordingly to allow for the two jumps.